Friday, June 16, 2017

First Week Reflection

During the last half hour or so, write a blog post reflecting on your first week’s learning and experiences across the activities of the SI (writing time, demos, student work analysis, inquiry).

I just can't say enough positive words about this professional development, and truly, I think it's the combination of all of the components.  Since I've already had the privilege of doing not only my teaching demonstration but also my student work analysis, I have been able to see the incredible advantage to sharing with my colleagues.  I have thoughts to ponder in terms of student feedback, analysis, and essay expectations.  The feedback that I received for the teaching demonstration was also incredibly useful in terms of methods of using a double-entry journal.  These are also concepts and ideas that I can absolutely take back to the classroom. 

On top of this, the three additional teaching demonstrations (including the Zines) can be used in my classroom.  One of the most surprising elements of this week was to see how each of these demos could be adapted in so many different ways.  I can absolutely use storyboards, even with my juniors and seniors.

The writing time has been incredibly useful as I am completing some work that needs to be done that I wouldn't be able to otherwise complete.  I am using this time for a combination as syllabus development and writing personal essays.

The inquiry, will be in time, very useful.  I plan to research and then develop an essay prompt before I'm done.

That's all I got today.  Later gator (or Polar Bear). 

1 comment:

  1. Even with my small ears, I can hear you! I want to read some of what you're writing, and I hope the cool mornings continue for garden time. Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete